Looking for a quick lunch that won’t make you feel guilty or cause your eyelids to get heavy in the afternoon? Look no further than these Chicken Salad boats situated in a little avocado boat.
- 1 ripe Hass avocado
- 10 oz container Duke Chicken Salad (or your favorite chicken salad)
- Parsley for garnish
Preparation (This is an easy one):
- Cut avocado lengthwise and twist. Remove and discard pit
- Scoop chicken salad directly into avocado
- Top with parsley
So, yeah, that is sort of a silly-easy recipe, but here are some ideas to spice it up:
- Add a dash of hot sauce and some blue chees crumbles for instant buffalo chicken
- Serve with Triscuit or Ritz crackers
- Chop some colored bell or jalapeno peppers and sprinkle over top
- I mean, bacon makes everything better (but it’s now a not-so-healthy option)
Whip it up, enjoy, and let us know what you think!